* Containership ship, ASIATIC SUN, allided with the quay whilst berthing at Taichung port, Taiwan on 26 December 2021.
* The vessel is reported to have sustained significant damage to its bow as a result of the allision and currently remains at the port.
* It is possible that the vessel will not be able to complete its voyage in its damaged condition and that certain cargo on board may need to be transhipped to an alternative vessel to complete the voyage.
* Recovery issues may arise as a result of this casualty and we already act for certain cargo interests. It is also possible that delay in the completion of the voyage will give rise to losses in respect of temperature and/or time sensitive cargo.
* We recommend that you contact us if you are concerned with any cargo on board this vessel so that we may start taking steps to protect your interests.